According to the Domesday Book of 1086, Bishopsworth had two manors. The description of one the manors matches the modern Manor Woods.
In 1600, much of Manor Woods became part of the Headley Farm and the track which led to the farm still exists today. Throughout the Industrial Revolution, Bedminster turned into a densely populated suburb, however Manor Woods remained a strip of land surrounded by urban development. In 1998, Manor Woods became part of the Bishopsworth and Malago Conservation Area which provides additional protection against unsuitable development.