This is a work in progress.
deriving the deck from here: https://articles.bplans.com/what-to-include-in-your-pitch-deck/
Vision and value proposition
Maplio is a hybrid mapping and social network platform and content management system that enables mobile phone users to communicate with each-other to play games and complete tasks in real-time.
Maplio facilitates a wide variety of interactions and content delivery by means of its various core features to enable easy creation of location based tours and games for fitness and leisure use, business logistics for anything involving real-time map locatoin updates, and analytical applications for science, government and industry.
Maplio combines services such as real-time location updates, video and text chat with accurate location, orientation and proximity detection to facilitate creation and management of routes, tours, games and logistic applications using its core user interface and content management system.
More complex applications can be built using its extensive realtime notifiaction API’s.
What problem does Maplio seek to solve?
In 2020 the computer game industry is bigger than the movie and music industries worldwide, now surpassing revenues by over 400% and 300% respectively. There is a constant stream of new devices and new games demanding more power, higher screen resolutions, more expensive headsets to view the latest VR content. These games whilst technologically outstanding require the user to be stationary and generally played in an indoor scenario. The ethos of Maplio is for a new type of augmented mobile gaming – with the emphasis on ‘mobile’ – requiring users to walk, run and jump their way to success!
Target market and opportunity
Maplio has a lot of target markets which can be easily divided and prioritised into vertical markets. Whilst developing maplio my original aim was to create multi user role playing games on a mobile phone to allow younger users to engage in treasure hunts and become their own avatars in more complex game scenarios.
Therefore Maplio's first and foremost vertical market ifor leisure is younger generation mobile users and families.
The Maplio Solution
The main focus of Maplio for Leisure is to facilitate real engagements with other people and to bring user focus back into the users immediate surroundings. As mobile phones become ubiquitous with an ever expanding and increasingly younger user base, the sight of swathes of people wit their heads down and their gazes fixed on their mobile phone screens becomes increasingly common every day.
Maplio brings users attention back to their present surroundings. By combining their physical reality with augmented fantasy, games become a mobile activity. Maplio trails, routes and games are intended as the antidote to the ever-increasing hours children and young people sit playing computer games. Maplio engagement requires that they get up and moving to play with others in physical locations – running, walking, jumping: discovering real location and unlocking fantastical stories and narratives.
Revenue model or business model
Maplio For Leisure provide a base set of free features and activities as many users as possible and will to a freemium model for general users and a paid subscription model for independent and instititutional content creators. Non-digital businesses can use Maplio content to augment and extend their existing range of services and supplement incomes. Maplio For Business will be based on a subscription model as a pay-for-what-you-use service.
Traction and validation/roadmap
Maplio is a large complex application and would require a significant marketing push for wider adoption. Maplio does not presently have any paid customers as it is a new idea and presently in concept stage supported by a working prototype with a set of known technical limitations and problems that will need to be overcome prior to a successful rollout
- Rewrite the existing codebase with integrated automated testing and a continue integration pipeline.
- Create a first class codebase and extensibility framework using best-in-class software stack on which to extend Maplio in the future.
- Make all content easily translatable to appeal to a global market.
- Abstract the existing API to create a more robust and generalised framework for extending maplio.
- Intergate payments for content creators and create a robust user registration and payment system for paid users.
- Integrate payments for access to premium content and subscriptions.
- Integrate paid ads into freemium content.
Marketing and sales strategy
Maplio aims to create a wide range of free activities to increase its global user base.
Maplios initial customer base will be
- existing and new businesses who want to augment and promote their non-digital services e.g. local community services, local authorities, leisure parks, event management companies, festivals, lottery companies.
- Bespoke content creators who wish to generate freemium or premium content to sell to users.
Maplio doesnt have a team yet its a proof of concept being developed and promoted by Laurence Fass, founder of Syntapse Software.
To develop the inital product
Maplio needs a team consisting of
- A Chief Technical Officer (Laurence Fass)
- A technical project manager (unassigned)
- 2 x full time full stack developers (unassigned)
- A marketing manager (unassigned)
- 2 x full time content authors to create an initial content base to stimulate further content creation (unassigned)
- A team of incentivised alpha/beta testers (unassigned)